Fashion is a fairly competitive industry and focusing on social media and E-commerce platforms is not enough these days. The future of fashion is in tech. For example, using AI to provide quality product data and personalized offers online, using visual search to find desired products, enhancing user-experience with Augmented Reality.
It’s not easy to imagine the future – back in the 90s mobile phones were a far dream, now everyone has one. Fashion Designers go in that direction and try to visualise the fashion composition using computer simulations, or see how people will interact with new products using big virtual worlds, like computer games.
Would You like to know more on the subjects discussed at the Innovation Meets Fashion event? Get your own copy of the notes, curated by Onedot, to explore innovative solutions leaders in the commerce business are using to step up their game.
We attended the Innovation Meets Fashion event in Ticino to take part in the discussions about the current and future scenarios of fashion and technology. This year was the very first time for the results of the Loomish Fashion Innovation Award, dedicated to selecting the finest new start-ups and young companies with ground-breaking developments in the world of fashion and retail.
We put together event notes covering the most interesting topics and solutions from our point of view:
- Google: Fashion industry in the age of assistance
- digitalswitzerland: Fashion Innovation Week 2018: Thinking Beyond Fashion
- Accenture: Driving co-innovation and digital transformation in fashion and retail
- Accenture: From emerging tech to mainstream immersive experiences: Why fashion brands must act now
- commercetools: Creating a modern digital ecosystem around your fashion brand
- Moschino: New B2B e-Commerce models in fashion & retail
- Diadora & Co.: Financial implications of human capital acquisition in investment and innovation
- NetComm Suisse: From e-Commerce to innovation: Making Ticino the FashionTech Hub of Europe
- NetComm Suisse: Leaders of Fashion Innovation Pricegiving